Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

What this blog is about . . .

I am hopeful this blog will be a safe place to think about, reflect on, contemplate, and wrestle in the open with broken relationships.  The world of relationships seems to be a super messy mess, and sometimes it seems as if there is no safe place even to assess the mess.  The pressure to be happy, find peace within, move on, forgive and forget, let go, get over it, act like Jesus for God's sake!--feels pretty intense and that pressure becomes yet another source of pain, giving rise to more feelings of failure.


So here on this blog, I would like to wrestle with forgiveness, reconciliation, and estrangement in an honest, judgment-free zone.  Here, the clock isn't ticking . . . there is no rush to get this cared for before Christmas. To heck with the holidays . . . there is important work to be done.


My broken relationships involve my dysfunctional family of origin, in which I have played the role of the scapegoat.  Therefore, my posts will center around finding a way with relationships in a dysfunctional system, with all of its rules and repeat offenses.  I want to talk about codependency, dysfunctional family systems, and the roles in dysfunctional family systems.  I have no credentials; this is just a reflection on my experience over the past forty years--forty years of really screwed up and extremely painful family of origin relationships.   


My nuclear family is much more functional than my family of origin, but I am becoming painfully aware of the dysfunction that exists in our family and the suffering of our own children as a result of our dysfunction.  I want wrestle with this reality here with hopes of healing and changing the way we do things in our family.


If you happen upon this blog, I hope you will stay and join in the conversation!


Blessings,
One Escaping Goat

No comments:

Post a Comment